Built by the Carmelite Priesthood in 1758, it counted with a main temple dedicated to Saint Joseph and a small chapel dedicated to our lady of El Carmen which still stands. There were two patios, each one with its own cloister, round pointed arches in Tuscany style.
The Ex-convento Del Carmen, as it is widely knomw, is an open space to all public where different artistic events take place. It has two large temporary exhibition halls on the ground floor and three on the first floor. The production of artwork, photography and sculpture from local, national and foreign artists are on display all year long.
In the Higinio Ruvalcaba hall there are musical events and small-scale plays taking place. In the Elias Nandino chapel there are usually book introductions and conferences.
A reading hall has recently been added to the venue called Juan José Arreola, in honor to the greatZapotlánborn author.
EL PRESENTE Y EL FUTURO DEL PLANETA ESTA EN NUESTRAS MANOSTE ESPERAMOS EL PRIMER Y TERCER DOMINGO DE CADA MES AL ECOTIANGUIS SEMADES GUADALAJARA DONDE ENCONTRARAS PRODUCTOS QUE CONTRIBUYEN AL CUIDADO ...